This year 2020, in collaboration with Prof. B S Daya Sagar, from the Indian Statistical Institute in Bangalore, we collaborate with the organizing committee of the InGAGSS 2020 IEEE International India Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2020 as tutorials chairs. During the last months, we have received several tutorial proposals and we have also invited colleagues to contribute.
Despite these tutorials had to be physical, due to the COVID-19 pandemics, they will be finally held online. We are happy to announce the final list of tutorials, that will be held on December 1st, 2020, from 9:30 to 17:00 IST:
- SAR Polarimetry by Prof. Yoshio Yamaguchi from the Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University (Japan) and Prof. Carlos López-Martínez from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya-BarcelonaTech (Spain).
- Random Forest Classification for Operational Land Cover Classification Using Multi-sensor Remote Sensing Data: Guidelines on Best Practice by Dr. Amir Behnamian and Dr. Sarah Banks from Environment and Climate Change Canada (Canada) and Prof. Koreen Millard from Carleton University (Canada).
- Machine Learning in Remote Sensing by Dr. Ronny Hänsch from the German Aerospace Center (Germany)
- Reflectometry Using GNSS and Other Signals of Opportunity: A New Paradigm for Earth Observation by Prof. Adriano Camps from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya-BarcelonaTech (Spain).
- Natural Disasters and Hazards Monitoring Using Earth Observation Data by Dr. Ramona Pelich and Dr. Marco Chini from the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, (Luxembourg), Prof. Wataru Takeuchi from the University of Tokyo (Japan), Dr. Young-Joo Kwak from the National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Japan) and Dr. Vitaliy Yurchenko from iGeo AS, (Norway).
- High Performance Computing for Hyperspectral RS Information Extraction by Prof. Antonio Plaza from the University of Extremadura (Spain).